Friday, March 11, 2011

neXus stretch

Colours? In before you're out? Cultural engagement? And nothing on long weekends? What's a traditional boy like me (well, a 63 year old boy) doing in a church like this?

My wife Sharon and I began attending this little church (little by Abbotsford BC standards where Sunday attendance ranges from 1000 to 4000) last fall. Significant participation was hindered by my inadvertent slip on black ice at the end of November resulting in a cracked pelvis and 14 weeks of convalescence. But I am now getting around without use of walker, crutch or cane, and am ready to wean off physiotherapy. This leaves me motivated to get back at things that have been on the back burner for these last three plus months.

As for blogging, I've been at this form of communication for three years now at johnonlife.blogspot.com. But I think for the foreseeable future I'll move over to this emerging relationship with the emergent church.

Next post? Sikh and you shall find.

1 comment:

  1. Hi John! Welcome to Nexus!!! We are thrilled to have you join our community. I am really enjoying your blog :)

    (Katie Faulkes)

    ReplyDelete